Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
Total Hip Replacement THR and Total
Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of
the hip and knee respectively.
Over the last several years hip and
knee replacement surgery has evolved to
a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive
Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma - less cutting of muscles and tendons
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay - 0-2 days (vs. 2.5-4 days); some patients go home in less than 24 hours
- Faster return to work and daily activities
|Minimally Invasive Hip